Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Assisted Living : Passive-Aggressive

A little while ago, I noticed the OG was slowing down. I went to the handy interwebs and did a little research on the next generation of canes (we have progressed from a standard cane to one with 4 posts-Quad Cane

This seemed to work for a while, a long while actually, but now it was time to go to the rolling walker with seat

I assembled the walker after work, while he was watching TV. I asked him to give it a try. He said to me with astonishment and outrage: "I don't need that!". And because I am an IDIOT, I responded. I cited all the reasons that he did. Then after exhausting myself with my own craziness, I set the walker in the corner and left the room. About 15 minutes later, he came to me to ask me how it worked.

You would think that I would have already learned that lesson. Many days, when the temperature is cool, 75 degrees (I do know how ludicrous this sounds to those outside of southern California), He refuses to go in the "Hot" Tub-spa. But, I say (note the pattern here) "it is 104 degrees IN the tub, and you have a big fury robe to warm you up after." To no avail. So I go to my room, busy myself with drugs and alcohol, and soon he is walking down the hall in his swim shorts and towel.

Moral to the story: Concede early and shut the heck up!

No comments: